It was another weekday dinner time and like always we were puzzled what to make. By we I meant me and my flatmate. There are days when we look for easier and quicker options. Apparently we had done some homework for such a day. We were rich is fresh vegetables and ended up with the option of salad. A quick and healthy resort to our appetite.
In this blog post I am going to take you on a photo walk of the making of this salad. So here we go:
- Broccoli: Broccoli is loaded with a lot of nutrients like vitamin A, iron, vitamin K, B-complex vitamins, zinc, phosphorus and phyto-nutrients. To get the maximum benefits out of Broccoli you should eat it raw, exactly what we will be doing tonight. Though you can also steam it lightly if you don’t like the raw texture.
- Lettuce: Lettuce is considered to be the perfect food for weight loss. So in case you are on a diet or planning to go on a diet then this green leafy bunch is a must have in your refrigerator. It is less in calories and high vitamin C, cellulose, protein and fiber.
- Zucchini: Another very fashionable ingredient of our salad is Zucchini. Zucchini also has very low calorie content but it is rich in dietary fibers and anti oxidants. It contains absolutely no contents of saturated fats or cholesterol. Have a look at the diced Zucchinis below.
- Carrot: Next up is a very common ingredient which you will can definitely spot in your kitchen. Carrots are also rich in many nutrients and it also serves best when eaten raw. Also the vibrant red does a good job is maintaining the color tone of the salad. :-P. Don’t believe me, have a look below.
- Olive: Personally I am not a big fan of olives but apparently my partner in crime is and she wouldn’t agree to drop it out at any cost. I had no choice but to agree with her. She has got a bottle of olives earlier,I guess some preserved ones. Didn’t care for the details as I don’t like olives much. You can see yourself below.
- Grapes: We added grapes for a tangy flavor, also for the record grapes are my favorite fruit. We thought adding a little of them will bring more diversity to the look and feel as well as the taste of the salad.
Below is a group picture of all the ingredients. Look how happy and excited they are. The one on the chopping board are olives, in case you didn’t recognize.
Now we unite them all and mix them thoroughly. After mixing we add some salad dressing. There are many available in the market you can pick any abiding loyalty to your favorite brand. Below pictures will show you the step by step proceedings.
Voila the salad is now ready. It looks yummy and we all know how healthy it is. The below picture show the “out in the plate” look of our salad. Trust me the taste was worth the chopping pain.
Didn’t take much time to make the above plate look like below. It was that tasty.
If you like the photo walk then do try this and let me know how did you like it. Always remember the nutrients are served best when eaten raw.
Eat Raw Eat Healthy.