I recently watched Tanu Weds Manu Returns and I was awestruck by the performance of all the actors and the gripping story line. The movie is a sequel of Tanu Weds Manu, which was also a successful movie. But this has clearly crossed all the box office numbers. While watching this flick I could relate to a lot of things and apparently I have had many realizations too. Then I thought what is better than to pen it down and share it with all my friends. So the list goes like this:
- If a girl drinks and goes on bike rides with a guy it is not necessary that she is in love with him. There are very high possibilities that they are just good friends. Apparently the world now needs to accept the fact that a girl and a boy can be good friends too. Remember the scene where Tanu (Kangna) refers to her friend as her soul mate. We have to accept that such a world exist where your friends can be your soul mate, the position is not always reserved for your spouse.
- You can love the same person twice and for that matter for n more number of times. True love happens only once is such a clichéd ideology. I don’t agree to it. If for any reason your love starts fading away for your partner it really doesn’t mean that it is not going to come back again. You can fall in love with the same person all over again. Remember the time when during the marriage ceremony “Kusum” asks “Manu (Madhvan)” if he was sure and how he says “nahi ho pa raha hai”. Even after going through a phase where he detested Tanu for what all she did to him, he couldn’t subdue the love that he had for her. It eventually came out.
- Be sure of your feeling and then show a fairy tale world to others. The fact that love prevailed in the end and it conquered every obstacle doesn’t lessen the pain that “Kusum” must have gone through. Only if “Manu” has cogitated a little more he would have saved the pain ordeal that “Kusum” must have experienced. Not much of it was shown to us, as the reunion of “Tanu” and “Manu” overshadowed her pain and loss. Not that I don’t know that it was a Bollywood flick and it was fictional but I was saddened when ”Kusum” left the marriage and cried her eyes out while everyone else was celebrating the love victory of “Tanu” and “Manu”.
- Don’t give up on your marriage based on few fleeting realizations. Divorces and separations are very common these days. While a lot of them are based on very genuine reasons, some of them are just a consequence of misunderstandings and confusions. If you are sure you want to do it, then nothing absolutely nothing in this world should be able to change your decision. If you aren’t sure of it then you should give more time to it, try to work it out, give yourself a time frame and I am sure by the end of that time frame you would know what you actually want. Marriage is an institution and in India it is probably the most holy and most trusted institution.
- If you believe in something then fight for it till the end. Instead of being asked to leave the house where the marriage preparations of Manu was on a roll, Tanu still decided to stay back and fight for it. It takes guts to share the same roof with your husband and his soon to be new wife. But with her constant efforts and endurance she managed to move “Manu” and saved her love and her marriage. It might sound as if I am preaching but it is true. Hang in there till you can so that whenever you let it go you have no regrets. You would know that you did everything you could do.
Have you watched this movie? If yes let me know if you could relate to what I have observed and if no please take out some time from your mundane life schedule and watch this. It is a good amalgamation of fine acting, foot tapping music, rib tickling comedy and a great story line.
Happy reading !!