A Tour Of Rashtrapati Bhavan
Yes you heard me right, you can take a tour of Rashtrapati Bhavan. Rashtrapati Bhavan is the residence of the President of India. It is also the place where various foreign delegates come and discuss their political agendas. You might be wondering if it is even possible for a common man go inside the residence of the most powerful man of the country, and to your amazement the answer is a big “Yes”.
How to get a tour inside Rashtrapati Bhavan ?
- All you need is an online booking confirmation to visit the Rashtrapati Bhavan. The online booking can be done from the official website of the President of India. Click here (opens in another tab) to visit the website.
- On the right hand side you will see the option “Online Booking to Visit Rashtrapati Bhavan”. Click on it and it will open another window, and then click on “Click here for online booking” label which in turn will take you on another screen.
- Fill in the basic details like Group Type, Date of Visit,Visiting Time (the time slot when you wish to visit), No. of Adults and No.of Children and then click on Next button at the bottom. Please note in case the slots are already filled, you will get a message “All Slots are full for the selected Date”.
- On the next screen you will have to enter the details about the visitor. Once you fill in the details and submit the next screen will detail about the payments to be made. An admission fee of Rs 25 per adult needs to be paid in order to book a slot for the visit.
- Once you proceed from the payment information screen, you will come across the payment gateway where you can make the payment through various option. Once the payment is done a registration number is generated and the same is sent to your mobile phone as well.
Inside Rashtrapati Bhavan
After checking your registration details you will be guided to the waiting area. You will be asked to wait until they have a group of decent number of people. Once the group is ready a guide will be allotted to your group.
The guide then takes you around the whole Rashtrapati Bhavan. The tour starts from the Banquet Hall and ends at the Mughal Gardens. The guide ensures that he takes the group around all the major landmarks of the bhavan. I had seen many of these halls in various news channels before but to see them for real was a different delight altogether. The guide was happily answering questions from the group.
Tips and Pointers for Rashtrapati Bhavan Visit
- Don’t go without registration, you will not be allowed.
- Carry a valid identity proof. For foreigners carry your original passport.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan is open for public only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It is closed from Monday to Thursday and on Govt. Gazetted holidays.
- Cameras aren’t allowed inside the Bhavan.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan is open for public visit from 09:00 am to 16:00 pm.
- Make sure you reach on time. You won’t be allowed in any other slot other than the registered time slot.
- For Rashtrapati Bhavan visit enter from Gate No.2 (Rajpath) and Gate No.37.
- Don’t pay the guide.
- You might not get the slots for the coming weekend or even for the next weekend after that. The slots are generally booked well in advance. So go ahead and book whichever slot is available because take it from me you will not be disappointed.
Hope this post excites you and you plan your visit to Rashtrapati Bhavan very soon. If you do then don’t forget to give me a shout.