Genting Highland is one of the most popular weekend getaways from Malaysia. It is just 54 kilometers away from the main Kuala Lumpur city. It offers a complete package for a relaxing and yet exciting weekend. While there are tonnes of things to do in Genting Highlands but there are few which are a must to do. Here is a list of my Top 5 things to do in Genting Highland.
- Genting Skyway Cable Car: You can reach Genting Higland via your own car, hired transport and public buses, but they all stop at Gohtong Jaya. Gohtong Jaya is their main station from where the cable car disembark for the Genting Holiday Resort hotel. They have proper parking space in case you are going by your own car. Cable Car rides can be scary if you are scared of heights. So be prepared to be scared a little. I would suggest without overthinking just get into the cable car and enjoy the ride and the breathtaking view. I was amazed by the engineering of the cable cars. At such heights it takes craftsmanship to pull up one car full of people over just a cable.
- Strawberry Picking at Strawberry Garden: I am sure you all must have eaten strawberries before but have you ever had the chance of harvesting them yourself. At the Genting Strawberry garden you will get the chance of plucking the strawberries yourself. You can roam around the lanes of the garden and pick the best juicy and luscious ones for yourself. You will later have to buy the plucked strawberries. It is a delight to taste the farm fresh strawberries. Along with the strawberry garden they also have Mushroom garden where you can see how they grow mushrooms, harvest them and finally sell it off. To add to the visual delight they also have Lavender Garden. So it is not just the Strawberries that you should look forward too, there are many other things in store too.
- Indoor Theme Park: The Indoor Theme park will make you feel as if you have entered a carnival. It feels like a happy place. Every corner that you look is colorful and festive. There are many rides inside the Indoor Theme park which you can enjoy with your family and friends. This theme park is a photographer’s delight, you can click tonnes of holiday postcard images. You can enjoy live performances and good food. If all this doesn’t excite you then you can try your luck at the Casino De Genting and feel the chill in the Snow World. Moral of the story is the Indoor Theme park and something for everyone, it is a package which excites everyone.
- Outdoor Theme Park : Outdoor Theme Park has an wide variety of all the rides that you can imagine. The happy, the scary, the easy, the wet, the free fall, you name it and you will find it in the Outdoor Theme Park. Their free fall is a must try, it will scare the hell out of you. The bad news is Outdoor Theme Park is closed till 2017 for renovation. I tried my hands on every ride in the park during my first visit, but when I visited the second time the Outdoor Theme Park was closed, but I am sure when they open up again in 2017 they will come back with a bang. A small tip, carry an extra pair of clothes the water rides will make you all drenched.
- Chinese Temple: Chinese Temple or Chin Swee Cave Temple is also a very popular tourist attract in Genting Highlands. It isn’t just another temple but it is a depiction of Chinese architecture which is very nicely done thorough colorful statues performing Chinese rituals. It is again a great spot to click amazing photographs. Chinese very strongly belief in Buddhism, Shamanism, Confucianism and the temple is filled with statues of deities related to all of them. While some of the sculptures, statues and paintings are delight to watch, some of them are very brutal depicting slaughter and blood. The temple will make you witness some fine art and paintings.
This list is based out of my experience but I can vouch for the fact that you can never come back without doing all of them. If you have already visited the place then I am sure you would agree with me and if you haven’t then make a note of these top 5 things to do in Genting Highland.
Keep Blogging and keep reading !!