Luxurious Yet Affordable Tryst With Neemrana Fort Palace
An impulsive desire of pampering myself landed me into the royal Neemarana Fort Palace. I had heard galore about this property and wanted to pay a visit since long time. Since birthday has just gone, so I took this opportunity to spoil myself. Being just 150 kilometers away from National Capital Region (NCR), this property qualifies for a good weekend getaway destination.
The drive from Delhi to Neemrana Fort Palace is pretty straight forward and smooth. If traffic and weather Gods are in favor then you can reach the destination within three hours. For me both worked pretty much in my favor and I reached right at the check-in time. The palace isn’t on the main road so you will have to drive through narrow lanes during the last 15-20 minutes. Although sign boards are up on every nook and corner. But some of them are difficult to spot so whenever in doubt stop and ask the locals. They will guide you the best.
The grandeur of Neemrana Fort Palace is something you just cannot miss. Royalty and heritage drips from every bit and piece. The check-in was pretty smooth and one of the staff members escorted us to our rooms. It was a short trek to my room. I had opted for Geru Mahal, which was located quite high in the fort. It was hot and the air condition was already on, considering the room was already booked. It was pretty thoughtful of them.
Neemaran Fort Palace: Waking up to heritage and Royalty
Neemrana Fort Palace is a huge property. Sprawled across six acres the property is an exploration site in itself. It is a perfect example of how history can be restored in the modern era. Every gigantic door, all main facade, latches, stairs and even the ruined walls screamed all things heritage and royalty. They promote themselves by saying “We don’t let history become a bygone” and they have truly lived up to their motto.
Neemrana Fort Palace also has a small step well which is an interesting spot for photography. You can literally spend the whole day wandering in the fort. If at all you get tired of roaming around then they have a lot of fun activities to indulge in. I called the tryst “luxurious” because everything is there is very classy, royal and expensive too. But with some tips and tricks you can land up at Neemrana Fort Palace without drilling a huge hole in your pocket.
My top tips for Neemrana Fort Palace booking:
- Avoid booking from any third party website and even from their own website for that matter. Call up on their reservation number to get better deals.
- If you don’t have leave issues then reserve the place for a weekday, they have additional 30% discount on weekday bookings.
- You can also try for a Sunday check-in and Monday check-out, it will also help you grab some good discount.
- They have luxury rooms, mahal as they call it but few are reasonable too. I booked Geru Mahal and it costed me Rs 4000 including taxes. Not that bad, right?
My top tips for Neemrana Fort Palace stay:
- They have a lot of extra fun activities to offer like Zip lining, Vintage Car Ride, Spa etc. If you wish to indulge in any of these be ready to shell out good amount of money, so better refrain yourself.
- The booking includes breakfast buffet and high tea which is set up at Hawa Mahal. The dinner and lunch buffet is chargeable. I had dinner buffet, it was good but wasn’t worth Rs 1200 at all.
- If you love swimming, carry your swim suit. The swimming pool is irresistible and you might end up buying the suit from their shop which is again on a little pricier end.
- Avoid liquor from their drinks menu, trust me you will not like the figures at the check-out time.
- Avoid buying any souvenirs from The Neemaran Shop, I found all of them insanely expensive.
I had a memorable time in Neemrana Fort Palace and I hope these tips and pointers will help you whenever you plan a visit. If you think I missed some points do comment below I am all
ears eyes !